KA PATCH 1.02 (uk)
KA PATCH 1.02 us
Star Trek: Klingon Academy Patch
Fixes for version 1.02:
· Checksum check to validate ships added to multiplayer.
· Starbases no longer spawn too close to each other.
· Weapon's (in fact, all resources) recharge rate problem after
warping fixed. The prior symptoms were rapid weapon
firing after warping to several systems in QuickBattle.
· We fixed the problem where in-system warp would slow
down to a crawl if you went to gunnery chair.
· You can no longer tractor ships while doing an
· A problem was fixed in ships would get too close to a
planet when the helmsman was given a command to orbit a
target and the target was a planet without an atmosphere.
· The wingman capture command was refined so that it is
now less likely to destroy an enemy ship that it is
trying to capture.
· The nVidia problem where plasma is being drawn on the
celestial sphere can be addressed by getting the updated
nVidia video card drivers (Detonator 618 drivers).
· Added 8 button joystick support.
· Added joystick rudder support.
· Added force feedback support through DirectX.
Additional Joystick Functionality in version 1.02:
We have tested the additional joystick features with
joysticks from popular manufacturers but due to the variety
of hardware, we are unable to test the feature with all
· Added 8 button joystick functionality.
· Added joystick rudder functionality.
· Added force feedback functionality through DirectX.
We have tested the patch to work with the following joysticks:
Microsoft Sidewinder 3D
Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro
Microsoft Force Feedback 1
Microsoft Force Feedback 2
Microsoft Force Feedback Pro
Logitech Wingman Force
Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D
Mad Catz Panther XL
Mad Catz Panther DX
Gravis Blackhawk Digital
Thrustmaster Top Gun
Windows 2000 and Sidewinder Force Feedback 2
The 1.02 Patch has been tested with the Microsoft Sidewinder
Force Feedback and the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2.
The Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is not recognized
by Windows 2000 at the time of this release. Users who have
a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick should go
to the Sidewinder update page at
for the latest updates for their hardware.
Trackball Rudder Calibration
Some joysticks (e.g., the Mad Catz Panther XL) have a
trackball that serves as a rudder (used to roll or bank
a ship). The calibration messages in the control options
screen (e.g., "twist joystick ... counterclockwise...") do
not apply to trackballs. You can use a trackball as a
rudder, but you need to calibrate it in the following way:
(1) When the message "Twist joystick fully counterclockwise
and press a button" appears, rotate the trackball to the LEFT
some amount, X (e.g., 2 turns) and press a joystick button.
When the trackball is at this position, your ship will bank
the maximum amount to the left.
(2) When the message "Twist joystick fully clockwise and
press a button" appears, rotate the trackball to the RIGHT
amount 2X (e.g., 4 turns) and press a joystick button. When
the trackball is at this position, your ship will bank the
maximum amount to the right.
(3) When the message "Center joystick rudder and press a
button" appears, rotate the trackball to the LEFT amount
X (e.g., 2 turns) and press a joystick button. When your
trackball is at this position, you should not bank/roll.
This procedure puts the center (no bank/roll) trackball
position centered between the maximum bank left and maximum
bank right positions.
Last Revision: 17 Feb 2017
File Size: 6.14 Megabyte
Star Trek: Klingon Academy: Software - 1999 Interplay Productions. All rights reserved
®, TM and © 1999 Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved - Star Trek and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All rights reserved